LIVE DIGITAL PROGRAMS
MOSAC is excited to launch digital outreach programming! We want to continue to bring exciting science experiences to your students while you are all adapting to a variety of learning environments! Like our in-person outreach program, students will be able to participate by asking questions, and engaging with visual examples and demonstrations. All of our digital outreach programs are LIVE interactive programs based on Next Gen Science Standards, and presented by museum educators.
Once you sign up, an educator will contact you with a few questions and will provide detailed instructions on program delivery. To ensure a secure and seamless experience for everyone, we will ask you to invite us to your digital classroom to present the program.
Insects can be found all over the planet: in the rainforest, in caves, and in our own backyards. In this program we will join your class digitally to explore the fascinating world of insects by learning how to identify their body parts. We will see examples of real insects of all shapes and sizes and look beyond the creepy crawly to discover useful adaptations as we learn to classify them just like entomologists.
NGSS Standards Covered: DCI: LS1 From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes / LS3 Heredity: Inheritance and Variation of Traits / Science and Engineering Practices: Obtaining, evaluating and communicating information
Are there forests in Antarctica? Join us on a journey through time as we uncover the amazing transformation our planet has undergone over millions of years. In this interactive program students will be introduced to fossils, learning about their formation, the important role they play in solving mysteries of the Earth’s geographic past, and the organisms that left them behind. We will use the museum’s collection of fossils and other visuals to learn about different types of fossils: extinct marine animals, extinct plants, and even dinosaur bones. Students will also use maps to find current fossil locations on Earth.
NGSS Standards Covered: DCI: 3-LS4 Biological Evolution / Science and Engineering Practices: Asking questions and defining problems, Developing and using models, constructing explanations and designing solutions, engaging in arguments from evidence
“All living things are made up of cells.” Have your students join us in our virtual lab as we use microscopes to prove this statement. Students will watch an onion cell slide preparation and view microscopic images of it. We will work together to learn to ID and label the basic cellular structures of the plant cell they see under the microscope and compare them with images of animal cells.
More Programs Coming 2021
- Program costs $175 for single program presentation
- All programs are 30 minutes in length, teachers register for pre-designated time slots
K-5 programs are offered select Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9, 10, & 11AM, 6-8 programs are offered select Thursdays at 10 & 11AM
- If you would like to request an alternate date please contact the education department at firstname.lastname@example.org
To request a cancellation or transfer of date, please complete this form and submit to the Education Department at email@example.com. Cancellation or rescheduling requests over the phone are not accepted.
Rescheduling requests must be submitted as far in advance as possible. All rescheduling requests are subject to availability and may fill quickly.
Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy
- Programs can be rescheduled if your alternative date and time are available at no cost
- MOSAC will not allow credit for a later date past current program availability
- Cancellations will be dated with the day the request is received.
Refunds are as follows
- Cancellations 0-10 days before a program, no refund will be issued
- Cancellations 11-30 days before a program will be charged a $50 cancellation fee
- Cancellations 31 days or more before program date will receive a full refund
- Please allow up to one week to process your request
- Refund will be returned to the original payment method
Questions? Contact our education team!